Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Best breast pump

Okay, so here's the deal... we do the whole breastfeeding thing. But I work full time so that requires me to pump, ALOT. When he was 2-6 months I pumped 5x day, once in the morning to increase supply, once before work to make sure I was empty and then three times at work so he could have enough milk to drink the next day. At first I used the Ameda Purely Yours breast pump. It is a really good little pump. I like that the user is able to control how much (or little) suction and the speed, fast at first for let down then slower to get more milk. Then I heard how everyone LOVES the Medela pumps, so I bought a Pump In Style Advanced with the shoulder bag. Now this pump is my best friend. I love that you just turn it on and adjust the suction and you're good to go. It knows to pump fast at first and then after about 2 min it goes slower to get the most milk out. It's basically a "set it and forget it" deal. The suction is better than the Ameda Purely Yours as well. Now I got the same amount of milk from each pump, but with the Medela PISA it took a lot less time and if you are a working mom you understand that time is of the essence when you have a bunch of stuff going on at work and you just have a few minutes to pump! So the hands down winner of best pump is the Medela Pump in Style Advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment